Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sierra's favorites February edition


1. All the letters of the alphabet!! This school year Sierra started attending the 2 year old class at Nashua Child Learning Center at our church on Mondays and Wednesdays. For a while I struggled with the idea of sending my only child to school/day care when I am a stay at home mom, but Rob and I had some very good reasons for deciding to give it a shot. I am so glad we did! She loves going and has given us so many surprises over what she is learning. Before Christmas she shocked us by correctly naming the magnet letters that she has always enjoyed playing with. So I started asking her what letter is this? over and over and she knew them! Her very favorite thing to do now is pick out letters for us which is why I bought this cute little alphabet cookie cutter set. Here is a video of her first go at making cookies...







2.4.10 alphabet cookies from Vanessa Fringer on Vimeo.


2. The Little Einsteins. I have to admit that I like them a lot too :) For those of you without toddlers these are cartoons on the Disney Channel and they teach classical music and art in adventure settings. I got 3 DVDs for her to watch on our car ride to PA last month and she ONLY wanted to watch those 3 even though we had several other options with us. By the end of our vacation she had the opening song and much of the dialogue from several episodes memorized. I need to get a video of her singing that because it is super cute.

3. Balloons! I have no idea why since we never have balloons but she just LOVES balloons. Luckily we got one from our friend Jill after Chase's birthday party and she was in heaven! She just holds it by the string, nothing too exciting from my standpoint but it was the greatest gift to her.

4. Singing and Dancing


5. Being a princess. This is a new found favorite that we discovered while visiting friends in PA. We have no dress up clothes for her right now so when she got to share her friends clothes you could see in her face how absolutely beautiful she felt.


6. Chocolate pudding. Ok, anything chocolate, and yes she did get that from me. I do limit her chocolate intake but it is just so cute when she looks at me and asks to have "chloclate pudding".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.