Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Start for 2010

I am one day shy of it being a whole YEAR since I last made a blog post. Wow, what happened to Vanessa the blogger?? Back in December I decided that my new years resolution would be making at least one blog post each month in 2010. Obviously that didn't happen but here is my fresh start just a few days into February. I'm not even going to try to make a 'catch-up' post for the majority of 2009 so if anyone needs to be filled in on any details you can feel free to email me. Ok, one minor detail to catch everyone up on...I'm currently 7 months pregnant with a little boy!

We've had an eventful start to this year that is worthy of sharing. After years of putting it off due to marriage, buying a house, having a baby, buying our second house, selling our first house (after we bought the second...that was a scary few months!) Rob has finally been able to get started on his Doctoral Program. I'm very proud of him for starting this long and hard endeavor. The first step in officially starting was to take a two week trip out to Kansas City for meetings with his advisor and lots of reading/research. So on January 14th the three of us drove down to my parents house in PA and a day later he flew off and left Sierra and I with two weeks to spend visiting with family and friends. I was in heaven! We had a great time bouncing back and forth between my parents house and my brother Andy's house, a little over an hour away. I was very proud of how well Sierra adjusted to so much change, several different sleeping arrangements, and many different play dates. She loved all of her 'new friends' (mostly all the new toys to play with is my guess). We had a great time with her cousins too. I could tell she was very comfortable with them because Kathy and I had our hands full breaking up toddler fights. Many times we were trying hard not to laugh at all of the drama the three kids were causing.

I had such a great time with my family and the many close friends living in the Ephrata/Lititz area. I wish the distance between New Hampshire and Pennsylvania wasn't so far!

We've been back home for one week now and with just under 2 months until our baby is due, we've got some work around the house to do! Rob just about finished up our bathroom renovation project today by adding the shelving for the linen closet. Then the other big things to do are repainting the dining room (upon my request...I'm just a little tired of the current color), a small painting job in the nursery, moving some furniture around to set up Sierra's new toddler bed and putting the bassinet and other various baby furniture in our room for the time being. Sierra gets a few more months of having her own room and then comes the fun part of transitioning the baby boy into that room as well. I hope she learns to sleep through crying quickly!

That is long enough for now I suppose. But here are two very amusing pictures of Sierra from today. She started asking me to give her pony tails and then kept handing me elastics so I just kept going! She loved it and didn't even want me to take them out for nap time. Rob and I were enjoying her new look all day :)










2 comments:

Krista said...

Hooray! It's so good to "hear" from you after all this time. I had no idea about the new baby coming, so congratulations! I can vouch for the fact that little boys are wonderful. :) Too bad we didn't connect when you were just here. Let us know next time you're in PA!!

Mike and Beth said...

Yay, V! ...Love getting a little glimpse of daily life with Sierra and I can't wait until you can include your baby boy too. Keep 'em coming!